When you think of summertime, many things come to mind: barbecues, swimming pools, or hours spent on your hammock tied between two trees at your favorite local park. It’s leisurely, it’s hot, and it’s sure to pass you by if you don’t take advantage of every moment. This summer, however, may look a little different due to the spread of novel coronavirus across the United States.
So, why not put a little extra brightness into your summer day –and stay hydrated—with the Strawberry Mint Spritzer? It’s light, refreshing, and delicious!
• 10 ounces frozen sweetened sliced strawberries
• 2 liters lemon-lime soda, chilled
• 12 ounces frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
• ½ cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
• fresh strawberries, diced
• fresh lemon, sliced
1. Place the frozen strawberries in a blender or food processor to puree.
2. In a large pitcher, stir together lemon-lime soda with ¼ cup (or more to taste) of the roughly chopped mint and pink lemonade concentrate.
3. Add the pureed strawberries to the bottom of the serving glasses or a second serving pitcher.
4. Gently pour in the mint, pink lemonade, and lemon-lime soda mixture on top of the pureed strawberries.
5. Garnish with lemon slices, diced strawberries, and leftover mint leaves. Mmm, enjoy it!
Inspiration can come from anywhere – just ask the team at Avery at Deer Park Apartments in Deer Park, Texas. By passing along this information, we hope to inspire you with new ideas, projects, and goals, too.